If your school uses the Marzano Framework or iObservations for Teacher Evaluations, this product will save you weeks of work! They perfectly align to a growth mindset, standards-based grading, and make differentiation planning easy! Inspired by Marzano’s research in “The NEW Art and Science of Teaching” these posters break down the standards into four proficiency scales from 1-4 (levels of difficulty), with a learning goal statement accompanying each one.
This is how Marzano Proficiency Scales work: proficiency in each standard is represented by a score of 3. A score of 4 indicates an advanced knowledge of the skill, usually above grade level. The learning goals assigned to scores of 2 and 1, are either derived from sub-skills of the standard, or from the background knowledge of earlier grade levels. Students will be amazed by their progress by the end of the year! Resources such as Bloom’s and Marzano’s Taxonomy were also used to create the scales. Visit Mrs. L’s website for a short video explaining how scales for Math and ELA were designed. (Look for “Marzano Posters” under the RESOURCES tab.)
THIS MATH BUNDLE INCLUDES:
1. One Complete Set of Proficiency Scales POSTERS for every Math Standard in each Grade Level – 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th in separate pdf files. These are partially EDITABLE.
2. One Complete Set of Proficiency Scales ASSESSMENTS for every Math Standard in each Grade Level – 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th in separate pdf files. These are partially EDITABLE.
For directions on editing the pages in your pdf. document, Click here.
3. Math QUIZZES for every Math Standard in each Grade Level – 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th in separate pdf files.
4. Student Portfolio Tracking Sheets for students to record progress in the proficiency scales. for every Math Standard in each Grade Level – 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th in separate pdf files.
5. MATH MADNESS Interactive Quiz Games (Power Point slides) that covers a complete year of standards. Grades – 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th in separate pdf files.
6. * A Copy of “Proficiency Scales: An Easy Guide for Teachers,” written by Melanie LiCausi of Mrs. L’s Leveled Learning LLC. This document shares my own experience in the classroom: the basics of understanding, writing, teaching, planning, assessing, grading, and organizing the implementation of proficiency scales. ENJOY!
*School Site License – Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one entire school, including classroom, resource, and special support teachers. No part of the original content may be used to create new resources for free, for sale, or for sharing on school databases without written permission from Melanie LiCausi at Mrs. L’s Leveled Learning LLC. Please contact me personally at firstname.lastname@example.org
These resources were developed using the following references:
Marzano, R. J. (2017). The new art and science of teaching. Bloomington, IN: Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development, and Solution Tree Press.
Common Core State Standards © Copyright 2010 National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved. http://www.corestandards.org
Progressions for the Common Core State Standards in Mathematics © Copyright 2012 The Common Core Standards Writing Team. http://ime.math.arizona.edu/progressions/
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.