These resources cover every Common Core ELA standard in multiple ways (Reading Literature, Reading Information, Reading Foundations, Writing, Speaking & Listening, and Language). The Assessments will help you to objectively differentiate student groups, and the Portfolio pages will provide a quick and easy way to track student pre- and post-unit progress. If your school uses the Marzano Framework or iObservations for Teacher Evaluations, this BUNDLE will save you weeks of work! The resources are perfectly align to a growth mindset, standards-based grading, and make differentiation planning easy! Inspired by Marzano’s research in “The NEW Art and Science of Teaching” these resources format every standard into four proficiency scales from 1-4 (levels of difficulty), with a learning goal statement accompanying each one.
The Leveled Assessments for ELA are designed with the idea that students learn skills and understand concepts in a progressive way. Instead of presenting students with an assessment that is pass or fail, right or wrong, this assessment recognizes what a child already knows in incremental steps (usually scales 1-2). and creates a clear model of what the child is expected to understand by the end of the year (scales 3-4). Inspired by Marzano’s research in “The New Art and Science of Teaching” this assessment breaks down every READING standard into four scales from 1-4 (levels of difficulty), with a learning goal statement accompanying each one. The domains of WRITING, SPEAKING, LISTENING, and LANGUAGE are supported with student guides and rubrics so that you can integrate them into your own classroom assignments and activities easily. This makes pre- and post-testing a matter of planning, and not an EXTRA assessment that students have to stress over, or you have to plan extra time for. This are quick and easy to use, so that you can realistically assess a students progress multiple times throughout the year. YEAH!
THIS ELA BUNDLE INCLUDES:
1.One Complete Set of Proficiency Scales POSTERS for every ELA Standard in these domains: Reading Literature RL, Reading Information RI, Reading Foundations (1st-3rd), Writing, Speaking & Listening, and Language. Grade Levels – 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th in separate pdf files. These are partially EDITABLE.
2. One Complete Set of Proficiency Scales LEVELED ASSESSMENTS for every ELA Standard in these domains: Reading Literature RL, Reading Information RI, Reading Foundations (1st-3rd), Writing, Speaking & Listening, and Language. Grade Levels – 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th. Only Reading Literature is currently available for 7th, and 8th grades.
3. A set of ELA Google Forms for the 8 Reading Literature standards, and the 9 Reading Information standards (56 forms total) plus an index to navigate which content standards align to each form. Passages and Answers are included! Only available for Grades 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th currently.
4. One Complete Set of Student Portfolio Pages (Tracking Sheets for students to record progress on scales). Aligned to Proficiency Scales for EVERY ELA Standard in each Grade Level – 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th in separate pdf files.
5. A 12-unit Vocabulary program for 2nd – 3rd grade students; designed for learning the high frequency PREFIXES and some Latin & Greek Root words.
6. A 13-unit Vocabulary program for 4th – 8th grade students; designed for learning Latin & Greek Root words, prefixes, and suffixes.
7. A Free Copy of “Proficiency Scales: An Easy Guide for Teachers,” written by Melanie LiCausi of Mrs. L’s Leveled Learning LLC. This document shares my own experience in the classroom: the basics of understanding, writing, teaching, planning, assessing, grading, and organizing the implementation of proficiency scales. ENJOY!
*School Site License – Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one entire school, including classroom, resource, and special support teachers. No part of the original content may be used to create new resources for free, for sale, or for sharing on school databases without written permission from Melanie LiCausi at Mrs. L’s Leveled Learning LLC. Please contact me personally at email@example.com
These resources were developed using the following references:
Marzano, R. J. (2017). The new art and science of teaching. Bloomington, IN: Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development, and Solution Tree Press.
Common Core State Standards © Copyright 2010 National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved. http://www.corestandards.org